Trexler Library Vision, Mission, and Values
Trexler Library inspires intellectual curiosity by actively engaging users with diverse sources of quality information and providing opportunities to explore and make connections across disciplines within a liberal arts education. The library motivates lifelong learning and user introspection in relation to a complex and changing world by vigorously exploring emerging avenues of knowledge development, information resources, and communication.
In support of Muhlenberg College's mission, Trexler Library serves as an intellectual center for the campus providing convenient access to a wide variety of resources, information literacy programs, and tools for analysis and development of new information consistent with a liberal arts education. Librarians work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and community users to discover, organize, analyze, create, and share information that will enhance independent, lifelong learning habits.
Trexler Library values:
- Provision and stewardship of a balanced collection of information resources appropriate to support a liberal arts education.
- The development of intellectual agility, critical thinking, independent learning and a commitment to fostering information literacy.
- An environment that encourages an open exchange of ideas through reliable and welcoming service to all library constituent groups.
- Safe, comfortable, inviting, and flexible spaces both physically and virtually.
- Continued staff development through active regional and national participation and collaboration.
Approved by Library Strategic Planning Committee -- 10.25.07